Thursday, September 23, 2004

Blur x4

Now, although everyone got very upset when Graham Coxon left Blur, me included, I think they subsequently went on to make the album of their career with Think Tank. Given that, and Damon's irritating, near-goading insistence that Graham would return, it never actually occurred to me that he would. Well, he probably won't, but the following, quoted wholesale from New York London Paris Munich still makes me feel tremendously cheerful:

"Last night, your NYLPM correspondent was happily drinking cocktails in a bar in London's trendy London when who should walk in but BLUR. And when I say BLUR I mean real actual classic BLUR, with reformed COXON! All four original members were laughing and joking and drinking in a way that can only be adequately described as reminiscent of the last ten minutes of Spinal Tap, when Nigel Tuffnell returns to the fold. For a 90s indie-boy such as myself, it was a heart-warming sight I can tell you..."

Too right.

Meanwhile, I just noticed that the MP3 of 'Easy to Leave' on the site has got a splintering, spluttering glitch half way through, so I've just updated it with a clean version. Just right click here and download, as usual.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

that song's awesome. is that u?

Jonathan said...

Um, it is, yeah, or rather it's the band I'm in. But you got it downloading OK? Hmm. Cause I've not been able to, and it's my file :-)

This giving your music away for free lark is not as easy as it's cracked up to be...

Anonymous said...

britpop a go go. sounds a bit like suede.

Jonathan said...

Hmm - not sure if I take that as praise or not... :-)

Anonymous said...

It doesn't seem to work downloading it for me either

Jonathan said...

Hmm. Not sure why, maybe there's some kind of bandwith thing going on, or maybe it's just your computer. When you try to download you might need to make sure it says '.mp3' at the end of the file.

Here's another track, in case that works: Assistant - It's Alright.

Thanks for the interest!

Jonathan said...

If you can't download it you might be able to just click on it and listen through Windows Media Player or something...

Anonymous said...

I really like that tune the singer sounds a bit like the Walkmen singer(not a bad thing). Better than anything ive heard from Razorlight and such bands recently. Any other mp3s for download. Thats a fecking ace tune.

Jonathan said...

:-) Thanks very much.

Yep, we've got loads more to download - there's quite a lot over at our downloads page.

These are the most recent tracks we've done...
You Should KnowFreaksVine to VineA CenturyVery pleased with the Walkmen comparison :-)

Jonathan said...

Ugh, crap formatting...

The seperate songs there are You Should Know, Freaks, Vine to Vine, and A Century.