Monday, November 05, 2007

currently listening to...

1. Robert Wyatt - Comic Opera LP: Yes, yes - still awesome.

2. Kaki King - Everybody Loves You LP: Caught Kaki King on Later With Jools Holland this week. Siobhán laughed lots at her name. We both marvelled at her unbelievable guitar playing.

3. Distance - My Demons LP: Sparse, mauling dubstep. Bassy.

4. Steve Malkmus - 'Maggie's Farm' (from I'm Not There OST LP): I don't think I'd like this much if it was anyone else - but I'm a sucker for Malkmus's voice, period.

5. Skull Disco: Soundboy Punishment LP: Brilliant, heavy dubstep compilation mostly consisting of tracks by Shackleton and Appleblim - thanks to James for drawing this one to my attention.

6. Ghostface Killah - 'We Celebrate' (from The Big Doe Rehab LP): Available over at Pitchfork, and predictably great.

7. Mum - Go Go Smear The Poison Ivy LP: Atmospheric, innit.

8. Bruce Springsteen - Magic LP: After the more serious and introspective Springsteen of recent years, it's good to hear him reigniting a bit of his legendary energy.

9. Royal We - 'All The Rage' (from the Royal We LP) : Enjoying the none-more indie stylings of this Hefner-style glam fest.

10. Burial - Untrue LP: Alright, I've only heard one or two tracks from this, but about to listen to it properly and I just know I'm going to love it.

No comments: