Tuesday, September 13, 2005

charles sings to the seals

My favourite headline of the week (apart from - need I say it - Doonesbury Returning To The Guardian) has to be:

Heidi Klum and Seal have baby boy

You wouldn't think it was possible...

OK, who wants to know what I'm listening to this week? OK then!
1. Xiu-Xiu - La Foret LP (pretty speechless on this one; go get it!)
2. MC DJ - Illin-Noise LP (d'n'b remixes of Sufjan Steven's already pretty good Illinois LP)
3. Kompact - Total 6 LP (awesome minimalist German techno? Yes please)
4. The Fall - Live at the Witch Trials LP (yeah The Fall)
5. Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better With Franz Ferdinand LP (um, anaemic, dreary and one-dimension, sadly, fantastic lead-off single aside)
6. Blackalicious - The Craft LP (give me this over Kanye anyday)
7. Clor - Clor LP (crack, fizzle, pause, etc)
8. Rolling Stones - 'Laugh, I Nearly Died' (off their A Bigger Bang LP, and really good, seriously)
9. Assistant - 'Forgot to Ask' (bright and itchy new song by me)
10. The Streets - 'Vs Bloc Party' (kind of naff remix of Bloc Party's 'Banquet', but fun)

No comments: