Monday, March 13, 2006

i almost like this sudden cold

It may have suddenly turned bitterly cold down on the South Coast (and everywhere else, I suspect), but there have been some beautiful sites accompanying this downturn; the hot steam rising from cooling towers in Didcot (where I spent last week), and a full rainbow in the sudden sun on my train journey back to brighton last Thursday. An unusually still sea bathed in light on a crisp Sunday afternoon and a really bloody beautiful sunset tonight.

Not that I've been organised enough to photograph any of them, annoyingly. I have no instinctive urge to use cameras to collect things, I only think afterwards. I got the snap below, actually, at a time when the cooling towers looked less impressive than they had on first sight. But there's no point trying to recapture memories with photographs, anyway.

No comments: