Monday, March 13, 2006

hello old friends

What I'm doing in March 2006...

1. Mystery Jets - You Can't Fool Me Dennis (a muted hurrah for the prog rock revival)
2. Graham Coxon - Gimme Some Love (quite alarming hearing Graham talking about sex)
3. Donald Fagen - anything from Morph The Cat (Which sounds like peak Steely Dan in places)
4. Liars - Drum's Not Dead LP (Can meets MBV, fucking hell)
5. Johnny Cash - Hurt (just saw Walk The Line yesterday, it was great, and makes the video of this, with Johnny playing and June watching affectionately on all the more poignant)
6. Maximo Park - I Want You To Stay {Field Music remix} (more prog rock, oh no. It sounds like Genesis. I like it. It sounds like Genesis. I like it. Confusing)
7. Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics LP (trying and failing to love this one, I'm afraid)
8. Young Knives - Rumour Mill (it might be at number 8 but it's still the best song of the year so far)
9. White Rose Movement - Test Card Girl (pop music exploiting my fatal weakness for Duran Duran, damn it)
10. Ride - Nowhere LP (ooh, wow, still sounds astonishing!)

1 comment:

Ben said...

I went to see The Young Knives on Monday night - good stuff. Desperate to see 'Walk The Line'. How different is At War With The Mystics from Yoshimi...?