Wednesday, July 25, 2007

munnery's world

Snorting and giggling at my desk today, sifting through some of Simon Munnery's recent blog posts. Take your pick from the one-liners below - they're all funny.

There is advice in sayings, and the law is a form of advice, backed up by truncheons.

"Never a borrower or a lender be" my Uncle used to say, and perhaps inevitably the bank sacked him.

The announcement runs 'Please be aware that professional beggars are operating in this station'. But how are they operating? Are they operating normally - or is there a restricted service? More information please.

I should be more grateful to my parents. That I’m not is their fault: they should have raised me to be more grateful.

"I didn’t ask to be born," she eventually said. "Yes you did," I replied. She couldn’t argue - she knew as little about that time as I did.

No comments: