Friday, July 22, 2005

beautiful old cassettes, i miss you...

Ah, this is the kind of thing that I love about the internet; some incredibly patient chap has scanned in loads of beautiful old cassettes - what's amazing is how many of these I remember using.



Somewhere back in London I've still got a crate of old tapes with god knows what on them; old John Peel shows and 4-track demos mostly, I think. It sounds absurd to fetishise such items now but in retrospect I spent so much of my teenage years wiping over, re-labelling and playing these tapes. I can still hear the clunking of their plastic frames together as I root through a pile of cassettes looking for something in particular.

And these tapes are really quite beautiful, too.

Here's the full list; pick one at random. (link via GromBlog)

No comments: