Thursday, August 10, 2006

dylan and damon

Ha ha, apparently boring old Bob Dylan (that's just to annoy any Bob Dylan fans reading, and not heartfelt) has been playing Blur on his radio show. Cue a bunch of 'Dylan digs britpop' articles, inevitably. Here's one the Guardian knocked out. Fans of my incessent pedantry can even keep an eye out for my first ever comment on the Guardian blog. Yup, I hold my fire 'til a really big subject comes up.

Introducing the song [Coffee and TV], Dylan drawled: "Y'know, one time coffee was believed to be the drink of the devil. When Pope Vincent III heard about this, he decided to taste the drink before banning it. In fact, he enjoyed coffee so much, he wound up baptising it, stating 'coffee is so delicious, it would be a pity to let the infidels have exclusive use of it'." As Blur's song began in the background, Dylan revealed: "I also feel that way about coffee. And about TV. And ... about Blur."

No comments: